Wednesday, May 19, 2010

First Day Driving Experience


I just had my driving lessons done, 2 hours orientation, 33 hours actual driving and 8 hours driving lectures.

When my mom told me to enroll for driving lessons, I had no hesitations and no fear at all until I had attended the two hours orientation as prerequisite for actual driving. Because the instructor in the orientation were more of orienting us of possible accidents and most accidents some students had, rather than orienting us the proper way of driving. I understand that he was just trying to warn us, but as for me it was too much stress for the beginners, as sometimes he was exaggerating. All I could picture out in my head after the orientation were accidents. I almost didn't want to proceed anymore, but I had no choice I needed to learn to drive for future purposes.

And so I went for my first day of actual driving. Luckily, the instructor assigned for me was calm, gentle and nice. So, I felt a little better. At first of course, I had to do the pre-start routines before driving..and the basic important thing were the 3 pedals ( by the way I was driving the manual car). Of course, the usual problem with students, I got the car stalled for a lot of times before I got it to run!(Oh!I guess a lot of you could relate!)

And when I finally able to move the car back and forth, he told me that we should go around the city. I was surprised because I thought for the first day, I should be driving first in the free area. But since, I was an obedient student, I followed what he said. I was a bit nervous, but I was more focused on the road and on his instructions. But of course, I still got stalled but he was too attentive to restart the car right away not to obstruct the road. It was two hours, and during this time I couldn't feel anything yet, I just wanted to finish it very safely and smoothly. And I drove good for my first day, although of course I was allowed until gear 2 only, and the instructor told me I had the potential to learn fast. I was very glad to hear it from him, I didn't care anymore to know what was his intention of telling me that. And his comment certainly had boosted my confidence. However, after that first 2 hours of driving, when I came out from the car I felt like I was in shocked. I had this feeling that I was still in the middle of the road with the buses and cars I had around the traffic. And I felt like I was traumatized that I didn't want to come anymore for the next lessons. But again, of course I had no choice so I pursued, and I just didn't notice it I was already driving without fear at all, and I finished the 33 hours smoothly and i am proud of myself that I made it to the end. In few days, I'll get my driver's license already.

To those who are wishing to learn how to drive, be strong and focus but don't stress out. Drive smoothly and safely!

0 comments:

Post a Comment