Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Virus protection debate

I was having a debate with the brother-in-law the other day about virus on-line virus protection. He was telling me that he couldn't understand why I paid yearly for Mcafee virus software when he could get other programs for free.

Now I may be wrong on this, but I believe that you get what you pay for and with virus protection, I am better off paying. It updates every day both virus and firewall and I have very little problems, where my brother-in-law's machine started running slow and wouldn't load some programs and a lot of other problems. He had to call out a software engineer who found 75 viruses on his machine, but he still insists that it's nothing to do with his free virus programs that is was just some dodgy sites he came across whilst doing a search. How can he possibly say that? I've done loads of searches and Mcaffee has popped up straight away if there was anything wrong with a site. It could be that he just doesn't want to admit that he was being a little bit "too clever".

What are you opinions of free versus paid anti-virus software?

0 comments:

Post a Comment