Friday, June 25, 2010

A photo of a house on fire with a crowd of onlookers observing the disaster


Wouldn't it be great to capture some unique photograph? Definitely. So, when I saw a plume of black smoke not far from where I was, I considered it a great opportunity to get to the scene of the fire and take some photos. It was the first time for me to pursue a disaster when normally, people should go away from it.

Anyway, I was a bit handicapped with only a Nikon L14 in my hands. I would have wanted a DSLR camera with a powerful zoom lens to take some good close up shots of the fire, but I had to make do with what I have so I just framed an interesting shot as best as I could.

I would have wanted to stay awhile and wait for more interesting shots to develop. But as an amateur photo journalist on his first day, I decided to just feel the moment and be happy with what I managed to capture on that day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment