Tuesday, July 13, 2010

how to be more organized

I actually attempted internet research on how to better organize my home, and it was mostly useless for me. My space was either too small, the ideas too expensive, or just unappealing. The only tip I really picked up to use was the idea to organize my books alphabetically, which seems much less overwhelming than by type/genre, because then I’d have to pull them all down and figure out which categories they go in, and then I’d spend about ten months trying to figure out which categories the overlapping ones would go in, because that’s so something I would waste way too much time on.

I guess there’s really two ways that this can apply to me: keeping my stuff organized by staying clean and having a system, and keeping my events organized and planned so that I know what’s going on.

For the second one, I use a combination of Remember The Milk for tasks complete with location updates when there are nearby tasks, Everynote for serious note-taking and scrap-booking from the web, delicious for keeping bookmarks synced across computers, and google calendar (everything) to keep me up to date on what things are taking place when. It’s a pretty efficient system…unfortunately, it’s not exactly the organization that’s dragging me down as much as it is the procrastination. Maybe I should add that to my list of things I want to accomplish…to stop procrastinating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment